Monday, October 27, 2014

I Hope You Find This

Frail leaves crackle underfoot
Hands buried in my sleeves
Eyes dull
Skin cracked
Invisible storms rage
Frostbite starting from the inside out

Red ribbon around the neck
Pulled a little tighter
Not brave enough... Not brave enough
The one time it's not a flaw is now
Pull it a little tighter

No seatbelt
86 down the long stretch of road
Shaking because it's the end
Or not
Sharp braking

She can't know
She's got her own demons
Demons with her own face
Don't they all
Keeping it quiet

She can't know either
Pineapple is the problem
But it's not on her side
It's on mine
Jealousy is a cruel thing

Maybe it was never real
A bedtime story I told myself
Hellfire is finally real again
Glass embedded in skin
You don't understand
You don't understand
His is worse than mine
And now I'm the one dying

Life is a misunderstanding
When what's real is fake
When bedtime stories are what you cling to

That was supposed to be my last real mistake
But here we go again
My windshield is covered in misunderstanding
In fog and smoke and charcoal

Home is no longer home
Nothing is set in stone
Especially when life is only a fairy tale



Bullet holes in my chest
You look disappointed when I don't bleed
I've already tried
Grey smiles
Outstretched arms
Deep breath
The end

I'm a domino
Too much responsibility
Because when I fall you fall too
And I'm falling
But you need to stay upwards
You need to stay awake
You need to stay alive

It was all a dream it was an illusion
It was the beginning and the end
And maybe I'm not seeing straight
But sleeping is resetting all over again
And I'd give you the world
I'd give you all of Europe
I'd give you my memory
All in exchange for an organ
That beats slowly sometimes
That means more than what it is

But things don't work that way
No, no
Strung up girls don't get their rope cut
By heroes in capes
Because those heroes have always been paper people

I don't want you to be made of paper

Drown victims don't breathe again because of The Little Rascals
Because that's only a story and stories are what keep us breathing

Bottles of pills are what we take
Just so we keep smiling
Because it's too hard for anything to be all-natural anymore

I don't want to be anyone but myself
But who am I anymore?
A girl who wants to stargaze ?
Someone who's hopeless ?
Someone who can't sing worth five cents?

My numbers and standards are dropping
Tell me to keep you close
To change my future and I will
Because I'm nothing but an alcoholic addicted to the idea of fulfilled dreams and smiling
I'm addicted to a substance that's killing me because I've fallen in love with it but it's only there to keep me around a little longer

The woman is a hard worker
The man is a wannabe father
They're surrounded by things
But their oldest one isn't whole anymore

Time is the cement I'm using
Because I'm too scared to use the phone
I'm too afraid to text or call
Or to use my mouth to say what you
Told me to

I'm not strong enough
I'm not fierce enough
I'm not good enough
(No, I don't deserve it like you told me)
I told you
I'm addicted
I'm addicted to storm clouds and rain and broken tear ducts and the ice inside me

List Your Strengths:
-Good Listener
-Understanding
-Not judgmental

List Your Weaknesses:
-Emotional Mess
-Broken
-Stubborn
-Angry
-Broken
-Sassy
-Broken
-Broken
-Broken
-Too many to list 

The sun is still warm
And you still sound like the sunset
And either you're alcohol or medication, I can't decide which
But I'm scared you're alcohol
Because that would mean that what I believe is merely a fairy tale


I'd appreciate it
If you held me close again
For maybe an hour
And told me I wasn't alone
Because that's what I need
That's what I need right now
Because 
I'm
So
Empty
And
Alone
And I need you to tell me I'm not
I need help
But I can't pick up the phone
Because I'm still not brave
I'm still not strong
I'm still not good enough

I'm scared because she deserves someone like you and you are always first place.

Either you're a fairy tale or you're time
You're busy and I'm left waiting
But I want you to know
My numbers and standards are dropping
And it'll happen soon
Because I can't take the pressure
And that's the medication I haven't tried yet

If you're not ready
I'm sorry
I know I'm not
But I know it's time to find something
It's time to be an organ donor
Or a zombie that doesn't eat brains (one that eats McDonald's fries)
Or possibly a slut

Maybe money is the only way to get anything anymore
But you can't bribe your organs
You can't trade hearts
(I can't do it anymore)
You can't give your heart your spare change

I'm finding comfort in the sound of the faucet leaking
And that was a song reference
If you haven't listened, you should try
•Marching Bands of Manhattan
•Tiny Vessels
(Death Cab)

•when you break
(Bear's den)

•without these chains
(early winters)

The artist painted the world in color
But some of us are colorblind
I'm colorblind
I've got a red noose around my neck
And Link is green and
Raspberries look like my blood
But it's all grey 
Grey
Grey

Frail leaves stopped crackling
Arms extended
Empty eyes
Antarctic skin
Shivering and shuttering
A breathing corpse
Only a breathing corpse

No comments:

Post a Comment