Thursday, July 24, 2014

Dear Paradox

Dear you,
You being the ghost that haunts my dreams, the shadow that lingers in my waking thoughts and you, the almost-imaginary-person that doesn't appear nearly as often as you should.

You were nearly alive today. It's a shame that you had to fade, leaving a void of blackness in your wake. Your dark puddles trailed behind me as I sat underneath the fireworks as they burst midair, shimmering and glowing with vibrant light for a few minor seconds.

For a few minutes, we were in one of those flip books, our past in fast forwards. Were you misimagined? Were those moments figments of my imagination?
You may pretend they are, but I know they weren't. Either way, that flip book is our infinity and I don't want to leave it behind.

I can't help but consider that you're somewhat like me- made of broken glass and fumbling around in the dark searching for your pieces. 
It's a shame you didn't think you wanted my help after so long.

As I lie on the underside of the midnight sky, watching the flickering of hope and lanterns in the darkness you will join me as a ghost.
You won't stop haunting me and I won't want you to.

Perhaps one day I'll wake up and find that you were real all along.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful how dreamy this is.

    I found this relevant to your blog:

    https://vimeo.com/90667610

    ReplyDelete