Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Incident

I suppose there is something beautiful about that thing I call 'The Incident' and what you might call 'A mistake'.

There was magic in the butterflies, in the joy and anticipation. In those moments you took my breath away.

There was also beauty in that phrase that started the beginning of the end.

Perhaps there was even something beautiful in the light that died in my eyes and those restless, sleepless nights. In that period where the only thing I could think to do was drown myself in Mountain Dew until the caffeine ate away at me so much that I could finally stop thinking.

Maybe that last day was beautiful. When light came after dark twice and I lashed out. When things finally ended with the kind of peace and quiet that leaves you wondering what went wrong and why it ended so soon.

No matter what happened, I keep telling myself I don't regret it.
I don't regret it.
I don't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment