A song once taught me a sad truth. It told me that 'the lonely are such delicate things'.
A bittersweet, melancholy nostalgia is slowly overwhelming me. The violent flashbacks won't leave me alone and they come at every turn. I look a little deeper but then that phrase, that painful truth grows loudly in my ears.
"You are so broken."
Life has a reached a point where I'm unsure whether I'm swimming or lost in a fog. My heartbreak and that one phrase, that truth won't stop thundering in my ears. It's driven me blind and I don't know if I can see the light anymore
The gravity won't stop pulling and I don't think my limbs can take it anymore. I keep burying myself under blankets to escape it but it just won't work. I keep tearing at the seams and there isn't much I can use to sew myself up anymore.
There was once a time when I believed that if I found the right person, they'd help me put myself back together. They could sew up my heart and stop me from bleeding all over the floor. I've began to realize that dreams are just dreams and reality has other plans.
My real question is this - What happens when the actor is tired of the stage?
When they're sick of using the same script and playing the part?
What happens when the line between the script and reality blurs so much that there's not much of a difference?
No comments:
Post a Comment