Friday, August 1, 2014

The Seventeenth Anniversary of You

As much as I tried to avoid it, you were on my mind most of today. 

I suppose the best thing to begin with would be an apology, but just like all the others, you won't hear it. Hopefully some part of you recognizes how sorry I am for our freshman year. Like many things, it was chaotic and not well thought out and, frankly, a mistake.

That cheesy, stupid moment in the pool is something I'll probably never forget, but I hope that you have.  I hope I haven't crossed your mind since the moment you walked out of my life and I honestly, sincerly hope that you forget about me altogether.

You were many things to me, C.
You were a metaphor.
You were popularity.
You were life.
You were freedom.
You were beauty.
You were a dream.
But most important of all, you were human and that's something that I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment