Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Falling Embers

There is nothing quite like terror when it grips your heart and enslaves your body.
When all you can do is watch helplessly as embers fall from the sky, burning away all that you've ever loved and leaving you amidst the ashes.
There's nothing quite like that moment when you look around you, watching the world burn and thinking to yourself, It's sort of beautiful how things are falling apart.

I was born between porcelain thrones and I was left learning that things are not always as they seem.
Sometimes the tallest castles are made from pine wood, rather than stone.
Sometimes the largest battles are fought behind faces rather than on battlefields or in foreign countries.
Sometimes the loudest cries for help aren't expressed in the voice, but in body language.

Sometimes, we're left wondering what's real and what we've been missing this whole time.

Now let's get to the root of this post.

Reader, I want you to know that I'm trying to be real.
I'm trying to be honest.

But the entire purpose of this is to understand this world I'm living in.
Whether this world consists of just my perspective or the perspectives of over a million.

I'm trying to tell you that perhaps amidst my symbolism and pessimistic view on life, I'm trying to tell you my story.

So, please, take a seat and read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment