Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Metaphorical Airports

The reason I never let you in is the same reason that adults scare me.

Darling, I'm a wall of bricks and there's no letting you in 
and the minute you know that is the minute you'll take a taxi ride to some airport in the southeast
and it's that same minute that I'll unload my suitcase labeled 'Me and you' because we could never take 'you and I' seriously.

I'll unpack my bags and my memories stashed under my bed 'cause even though they say it's better to let things go
I'd take you with me everywhere.

There's a picture of you stuck between mistakes and miracles and I'm still wondering whether knowing you was a blessing or if I'm unlucky.

But have no fear - the piano's still around but the keys aren't black and white because without color, life is a factory.

we are more than what we do - promise

They'll call you Mercury because all's fair in love and war
And quotes are good excuses to make mistakes

There's something in between my lungs
And in between my ears
And in between my teeth
But the doctor can't fix my chest or my head
So maybe it's a good thing I'm going to the dentist
Because even though he won't be able to fill in the gaps,
The laughing gas always makes me smile

No comments:

Post a Comment