We broke up because there's always an end to a beginning and because it's the end that shows us how far we've come.
I was always a spring kind of girl and you were a summer kind of boy and it was an autumn kind of love and now we're at our winter end. But just because it's winter doesn't mean it has to be bitter. And it won't be, because he always loved building snowmen and now we've got time to make those icy silhouettes of people made from the world around us. We can play in the cold, white ashes that swirl around us and collect them on our tongues and call them beautiful despite the bitter taste on our lips.
And sure, we're cold and we're damp but we'll find someplace to stay warm. And the frostbite will gnaw at his fingers and my toes but we'll stay warm.
We'll stay warm.
But make no mistake, be it wrapped up in warm blankets or watching a movie, my hot cocoa will taste like his lips because we always miss the summer in the middle of winter. We will always miss what freedom felt like and what home smelled like.
I'll miss the summer
And I can't help but hope that he'll miss the spring
And autumn was always nice
But maybe I'll go outside and play in the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment